From improving circulation throughout the body to diminishing the appearance of cellulite, it’s no wonder that dry brushing our bodies is a key component to many of our self-care routines. However, we may be neglecting that part of our bodies that could benefit from it the most - OUR FACES!
Now I’m not talking about using a huge boar bristle brush made for our bodies on our faces, I’m talking about the Province Apothecary Daily Glow Facial Dry Brush. This dry brush is made from handcrafted goat hair bristles (responsibly sourced and ethically collected) to activate your lymphatic system to awaken the face and support overall skin health.
The benefits of this beautiful facial dry brush are limitless, just a few include:
- Detoxify to help clear congestion
- Reduce puffiness and dark circles
- Gently exfoliates and stimulates cell turnover
- Smooths fine lines and brightens appearance
- Tones and firms the skin
The reason dry brushing is so effective is because of the stimulation of the lymphatic system, which works to rid toxins through lymph fluid. Inflammation and puffiness will be reduced because of the movement of lymph across the channel, resulting in a brighter complexion!
For best results, dry brush daily using the brushing ritual Julie Clark, founder of Province Apothecary created as follows:
- Start with dry skin and use a light pressure down the sides of the neck from ear to shoulder
- Brush from center forehead down the side of the face to the neck and shoulder
- Brush upwards across the forehead
- Brush around eyes following the eyebrows in a figure-eight motion
- Brush down the center of the nose to the jawline over laugh lines and then down over the chin in short downwards strokes
- Brush outwards over the cheeks moving down the face
- Brush under the jawline, behind the ear and down the side of the neck
- Brush outwards on the neck, from ear to collarbone
Repeat each movement a minimum of three times for instant results! I have adopted this ritual into my daily skincare routine and I am so impressed at the difference in texture and appearance of my skin.
- Do not get the dry brush wet and do not wash with soap and water. To clean it, simply sprinkle brushes with clay or cornstarch and massage and shake it out. This will remove all of the dirt and oil without ruining the brush.
- Do not share your brush
- Do not use on extremely irritated or sunburnt skin
Each dry brush comes with a diagram of each step making it easy to follow and remember!
Stay Smart, Stay Green, and Stay Beautiful Out There!